Thursday, February 25, 2010

potty training, day 2


My sister-in-law was right. You may feel like no progress was made on day 1, but by day 2, things are much better. They were. I think we even still like each other.

Much of today's progress hinged on my husband's inspiration this morning to stick her potty chair under the table in order to make a little protected space for her. She loves enclosed spaces. The miracle of today was the lack of accidents, and the wealth of successes. One accident first thing in the morning was stopped midway; I think that's when she finally figured it out. Another accident not much later, but since I hadn't insisted her undies be replaced, at least only the floor was wet. Then she was accident free until almost bedtime (unfortunately when we'd extended her range a bit, so it wasn't quite as easy to clean up).

And today she took ownership of the idea that she was a big girl, and would/should act accordingly. We may make it through this experience after all. (Or, we may relapse tomorrow. I'm trying to be prepared for both.) Assuming it lacks the drama of the first day, I may even be done posting about this, and will find other things in our lives to talk about.