Monday, July 26, 2010

welcome home

We went back to our branch yesterday. Kiddo has a loud hacking cough right now, so we only attended the most important meeting, sacrament meeting. Although we went the long way so we could avoid the traffic for the major sport venue we pass, we did manage to get stopped by the motorcycle parade. So, we made it there 20 minutes late, but still in time for the opening song. (Thanks Elder, who led the music for me.)

But this did mean that we sat in the back, which is where the action is. I only whisper yelled at the two kids playing with the live turtle four or five times. And only fed Babs twice. And only was irritated at the kid who wouldn't share Kiddo's quiet book with her for some of the meeting.

But as I led the second song (and was vaguely overwhelmed by the chaos that I had idealized while I was gone) I was reminded that one of the families in the branch had gone to the temple while we were gone, and I thought, the work moves on. I'm glad to be a part of it, right here.