Sunday, July 18, 2010

my first ski lift trip

The best part of the reunion (besides seeing all the family of course) was the lift ride down. As a family, we took the tram to Hidden Peak (11,000 ft). After seeing the snow (a bigger pull for the kids from Arizona than for me, I'll admit), we sent Kiddo down with her aunt and grandma. Then my husband and I hiked 20 minutes down the mountain to a ski lift that we took down the mountain. It took us another 20 minutes to get down. As you can see, Babs got to ride too, strapped on with our "giant ACE bandage" (thanks, cousin D).

It was beautiful, pristine, we could hear the brooks, the wind in the trees, and quiet as only nature can be. It was definitely our favorite activity. Do you think that is connected to the recent (not quiet, not calm) behavior of Primus?