Monday, July 26, 2010

the farm

Me, my sister, and sister-in-law met at a historical farm. The kids climbed on a lot of tractors. We took a ride on a wagon pulled by a tractor. And we saw some animals (I also fed Babs a lot, so missed quite a bit of the action).

Kiddo started picking up handfuls of dirt from the paths, and throwing them into the pens claiming she was feeding the animals. This was gross, but cute, as long as the pens were empty. Then she tried it on the chickens. They went crazy, super excited (as only chickens can be) to get to the "food." Thank goodness for my sister who had old bread with her. She taught Kiddo that "chickens eat bread, not dirt" and provided her with an appropriate outlet for her feeding needs. Every time she stuck some bread through the fence I was sure she would get bitten. I half hoped she would so she would show some caution. I'm grateful she wasn't. Then we moved on to feeding the ducks. It was loved by all the little children we brought there. And, kept them enough occupied that we, the mothers, could actually talk. (This pictures stolen from Aunt A's blog.)