Monday, July 12, 2010

the blessing

Our first major family event while on vacation was to bless my baby. Normally we would do this at church where we live, but the opportunity to have all my brothers participate, and have grandparents and great-grandparents there, was too exciting, so we did it here.

After starting with a prayer, all the cousins (and some second cousins) sang "I am a Child of God" together. It was very sweet.
Then my husband used the priesthood to bless Babs. Among other things he blessed her to be a mother. Interesting, and wonderful. Daddy, Grandpa, Great-Grandpa, six uncles, two great-uncles, a cousin, and a good friend were in the circle. Two Grandmas, three great-grandmas, seven aunts, a few great-aunts, and a parcel of cousins were in attendance.

When Kiddo was still just a infant lump, I just loved her in all her cuteness. I love Babs too, but spent much of the first few weeks very anxious for her to grow a little so I could get to know her personality. I am less anxious now, and am just enjoying her sweet, sweet smiles, and general contentedness.

How great to have my husband worthy to give this blessing, and so much family there to appreciate it with us.