Monday, July 19, 2010

bungee cords + trampoline =

Kiddo's favorite moments from the reunion. Great-Grandma B bought us all-day passes for fun like the tram, the ski lift, ziprides, alpine slides, bounce houses for the little ones (also enjoyed by Kiddo) and this. Put on a harness, and jump really, really high on the trampoline.

Kiddo chose to go on this event. (I tried to offer her other activities, with shorter lines, but to no avail. "I want to jump on this." Okay.) She waited patiently for about 40 minutes of other people's turns. (It helped that there were other reunion kids waiting too.) She let a strange man (albeit a young one) strap on the harness. And then she jumped, and jumped, higher and higher, and had the time of her life.

When the time was up, she wailed passionately about wanting to jump some more. I pinned her down to remove the harness. I dragged her out of the jumping area. I carried her because she would not put on her shoes, nor did she want me to put on mine. It was tragic to only get five minutes of jumping. (I, on the other hand, was worn out after those same five minutes.) Had the line not doubled since we first got in it, I may have considered another run.

The next day when we saw it again, she wanted another shot. Maybe next time. She loves to jump.