Wednesday, March 3, 2010

better safe...

We visited the midwife yesterday. One of my measurements was small, she got nervous, and sent us in for another ultrasound today. After waiting a really long time (the office was running 90 minutes late), we saw pictures of the new baby.

She is not small. Nothing is wrong with her. She is in fact in the 60th percentile, making her slightly big for her "age." Her cerebellum is big too; the ultrasound technician assured us this indicates that she'll be smart. And he showed us that it was a girl. I guess I should stop worrying about a surprise in the delivery room.

I'm glad my baby is okay. We meet in about 8 weeks. I'll keep you posted.

(A big shout-out to a friend who watched my kid for the four hours we were gone. That would be watching a mostly toilet trained toddler, in other words, enough so that Kiddo let her know when she had to use the toilet, but not so much that she didn't need adult supervision, especially on the adult sized toilet. My friend is a good woman.)