Monday, March 22, 2010

when grammy comes home

Grammy has come and (sadly) gone. It was a fabulous to have help with Kiddo as I move into the "I feel super large" phase of my pregnancy. (I'll post a swell picture when my mom sends it to me.) Plus, we did things that have been on my to-do list for years (no exaggeration).

We cleaned and preserved my wedding gown. Okay, my mom did it, with some help from Kiddo.

We finally decorated the wreath I bought on sale five years ago. Okay, I helped my mom pick out flowers, and she decorated it.
She also watched Kiddo while my husband and I went to the temple together for the first time in too long. She helped with dinner and dishes. She helped me clean out my pantry, and wiped down my smelly fridge (she assures me the smell was slight, but to me it smelled huge). She helped me sort baby clothes, both really teeny ones to use in a month, and those that have just been outgrown, and won't be needed again for two years. She went to nursery with Kiddo and helped our neophyte nursery leaders (in the church and in nursery) understand how it works better. She sat in the bathroom with Kiddo during her marathons potty-sits.

And, Grammy reports on the following potty training experience. (And with this, we should be done with potty training stories, because we have passed the last waking hurdle, church without a pull-up. And I declare her trained while waking.) During nursery, she did not announce it was time to use the potty, but instead pulled her undies and tights down to her ankles. Grammy, in her haste to bring her where she needed to be, helped her waddle to the bathroom just like that. Oops! The hallway was full of people. But they made it to the toilet in time. Yay Kiddo!

The weather was beautiful, the only blemish to the visit was that Kiddo didn't feel very well, so stayed more attached to me than usual. But she still loves Grammy. And they did make cupcakes.

Come back soon. Then I'll have two babies to love.