Thursday, March 25, 2010

the secret name

People ask me often if we have a name picked out for our upcoming little girl. I have no ability to lie to a direct question, so I answer truthfully, yes. Then comes the awkward silence when they realize that I will not be telling the name, but that I have one...

Yesterday I went walking with a new friend in the area. The question invariably came up. I told her yes, but unless she could get Kiddo to tell her the name then she'd just have to be surprised in a month like everyone else. So she asked Kiddo, who wouldn't reply. Then I asked Kiddo, and she replied with some gibberish.

This morning Kiddo announced (as she does almost daily) "There's a baby in mama's tummy." I asked her what the baby's name was. She answered correctly with no hesitation. Apparently she's in on the secret too.