Saturday, October 3, 2009

welcome home

We have a yard. With flowers. My husband taught Kiddo that she could put them behind her ears. Now she wants to do this each time we go out. The small issue is that they are mums, which happen to be the one kind of flower I know I am allergic to. Oh well.

It is absolutely fabulous to have our own space again. I am so much less stressed. Because it is a house, not an apartment, I am always surprised by the idea that no one can hear Kiddo as she runs from one end to the other and back again. Because we have limited furniture, we have tons of space. Kids love coming to visit because there is space to run, inside and out. I am trying to enjoy the time, because it is pretty sure that our next place will not be so open, oh well.

The best part of this house is that Kiddo already feels at home. She knows where all the rooms are, is excited about her few toys and few books, and is happier than she's been for a while. This is good for this mom's heart. (And we may have finally convinced her to sleep in her own bed again, which is a great blessing as well!)