Thursday, October 15, 2009

nose!

This morning it was raining. I was debating whether or not to drag myself and Kiddo to a store when I figured I'd check the temperature. Mid-30's. Hmm. We'd be staying in today.

Then, throughout the morning I watched the rain thicken to that rain/snow stuff (wintry mix anyone?), and then all of a sudden it was snowing. Apparently this is the earliest snow on record for our little corner of the world. I summoned all my energy and good mom vibes, and took Kiddo out of a few minutes of photodocumentation before it was all over.

Here she is with "baby-doll," her favorite scarecrow. (Each time we get out the car she has to go say hi and spend a moment with baby-doll. Trying to skip this step leads to tears, frustration, and a literal digging in of heels on her part.)
Much to my surprise, the snow just got thicker and heavier throughout the day. After her nap and a snack we went out again:


Kiddo loved every minute of it. She loved watching it out the windows, loved being in it, didn't mind the hat, coat and boots required for participating in, she loved it. And she calls it "nose." I guess so long as all the consonants and vowels are there, that's what counts, right?
And the blessing of it all (besides my child's utter enjoyment)? Since the trees still have leaves, the snow is wreaking small amounts of havoc. Across the street (and in much of the area) there is no power, but clearly, we're okay. We had dinner and our heat is still on, so my child can sleep in her own bed.