Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ramblings on my home

I love my home. I'm vaguely disappointed that it will be mine for short a time, but I deal with that okay because I knew it was short-term. What I don't love about my home is that 1) it has almost no place to sit (our fault, we threw out the couch) 2) the dishwasher leaves a filmy residue on everything, so we handwash, 3) the capacity of the washing machine is literally 1/3 of our machine (in storage), and 4) the house is on the market, so it must always be clean, and every three or four days it must really be clean. Tomorrow is one of those days. And also we can't find our every day kitchen boxes in the storage unit (they are somewhere along the back wall, I know it) so our kitchen is very poorly equipped.

During the power outage, we realized that instead of doing the dishes before a showing, we could just put them in the dishwasher. But then it becomes out-of-sight-out-of-mind, and it is a long time before those dishes get done. Tonight is the night though, I'm getting them all done. (I hate doing two "loads" of dishes a day.) And I'm vacuuming. I don't like the pressure of cleaning my house on someone else's schedule. I do like having an incentive to make sure it is done often though. I can't imagine what it would look like otherwise. (Obviously not too bad though, because have I mentioned? most of my stuff is in storage.)