Monday, July 7, 2008

some good, some bad

This morning when my alarm went off, I was so tired still (perhaps because my child woke at 4:45 am for her morning time), so I hit the snooze button, while thinking 'I should really get up, because my baby is still quiet, which means I can get a shower in.' I didn't heed the voice of reason, and was woken up, not by my alarm 8 minutes later, but by a happy little voice in the next room. When my alarm did go off, I dragged myself out of the bed.

I had a doctor's appointment though, so I felt the shower was just basic decency, so put a couple toys in the crib and said "entertain yourself." She did. That was good.

One of the toys was a soft jingle ball that my friend sent me before Leni was born. Before she was old enough for it, I cut off the tag, thinking that I was doing the right thing. What I didn't know then is that my baby loves tags more than any other part of a toy. So when I see the little white remnant of the tag on the red ball, I am sad that I denied my child this extra joy. That is too bad.

On the other hand, she is ridiculously happy (thank goodness!) so I'm pretty sure she'll still be fine.

No comments: