Thursday, July 3, 2008

lunch time


There are now "solids" twice a day, at dinner and lunch. She has clearly inherited a sweet tooth from one (or both) of us, and firmly refuses vegtables (probably my fault) and loves rice cereal (my husband?). So it's usually rice and fruit. We're still working on the vegtables.

Today's lunch was sweet potatos and rice cereal. While trying to get her to eat the sweet potatos, Leni stole the spoon from me, and chewed on it determinedly. I retrieved a second spoon from the kitchen, managed to trick her into eating another spoonful or two of sweet potatos, (having to convince her to move the other spoon first) then gave up and moved on to the rice cereal.

Once she knew the vegtables were gone, she got down to the serious business of eating, and had all the rice I'd give her. [I should note here that we feed her in her swing. It means we don't have to set up a high chair, which would take up yet more room in our already cramped space, and it even has a little tray, so it's quite convenient. The wonders of the swing continue.] Then we drank from her sippy cup, which was a process in itself, as most of the water dribbles down her face and neck, so it takes a lot of monitoring to make sure she doesn't completely soak herself. Normally she wants to hold the cup, but today she seemed content at letting me control it.

She finally lost interest in the water, and I wanted her nap soon, so I thought I'd turn on the swing for a few minutes. As I started it up, she smiled, pulled her extra spoon out from hiding it under the tray (or so it seemed to me, as I had completely forgotten she had it) and started chewing away. She seemed so pleased to still have this lovely remnant of our time together, I let her play with it until nap time.

1 comment:

le said...

Does her hair have a strawberry red tint to it?