Wednesday, March 20, 2013

two things that make me smile

It takes a while to get Babs' socks on these days. She has to stop and "get rid of my toe jam." She carefully looks between every set of toes to make sure they're clean. She also checks on her toe jam when it's time to put on her jammies. And any other time she feels the need.

About a year ago, she hated her feet to be touched. After a lot of foot and leg massages, the problem seems to be gone. Sporadically between then and now, she's needed some additional help. One way I could convince her to put up with the leg/foot rubs was to talk to her about getting rid of toe jam. Now she takes this job very seriously. And it makes me laugh. I'm also grateful it keeps her toes loose.


The second funny thing she does is while she sleeps. When it's time for Babs to actually sleep, she pushes her sleeves up above her elbows. Then when she wakes up, she pulls her sleeves down to her wrists again. Except she calls pushing her sleeves up "get my sleeves down" and pulling them down "get my sleeves up." We suspect it's because her last set of jammies were hand-me-downs from Kiddo, who pushes her sleeves up above her elbows all the time, so that's now just the way the jammies fit her, and it's how she likes to sleep.