Tuesday, March 26, 2013

shaking the baby

I'm not convinced that the transition of adding a baby will be a smooth one in Babs' life. She has always been rather exclusive about her attention from me (boxing out Kiddo from a double hug or lap sitting from fairly early on), and is suspicious of all children smaller than her. One of her first interactions with our new baby was hitting my belly.

"Don't hit momma." I reprimanded. She looked up at me with her two-year old guileless (and impish) face and replied "I not hitting momma; I hitting the baby!"

So, with this history, I was more than a little concerned to hear her joyfully singing this morning, "We shaking the baby now!"

Until I recognized the tune, and remembered we listened to a kid's version of La Bamba this morning. I'll need to help her learn the correct words soon.