Tuesday, June 22, 2010

fattie


Secundus is growing fast. For a while now, every time I look at her I think, she is way bigger than her sister was at this age. I call her "fattie" a lot. I probably will until Kiddo picks it up. (This is not a term I want sticking with her.) At the doctor's today, my instincts were verified. At two months, she weighs 13 lb. 12 oz. (and measures 24 1/4 inches). Apparently calling her fattie is fine. We also call her "chubbers." None of you are welcome to use these titles, unless you promise to stop by the time she turns 1, and never tease her about it in the future.

She got three shots, none of which she appreciated. She also got three bandaids, but only two actually covered her puncture points. For this reason, and many others, we will be finding a new pediatrician before the four month visit. Blegh.

(Her Daddy would like me to point out that he never calls her fattie, and thought he had never called her chubbers (although he did once to his chagrin). He calls her "piglet" but he insists that has to do with her snorting, not her size (and I believe him).)