Friday, March 6, 2009

this week

I had arranged with two friends to watch Kiddo on various afternoons this week so I could really get some work done this week. I called the first one Monday about an hour before she was supposed to show up to say that my daughter was out of sorts, and I was uncomfortable leaving her with someone else that day (and feeling really paranoid for not trusting any one). Turns out my instincts were good, she threw up all over the floor about 15 minutes later.

Turns out she has the flu. I think I've changed her clothes more times this week (and run more loads of laundry) than I do in a typical month. She has made multiple disgusting messes, and is generally tired and clingy. We've watched a fair amount of TV.

But her spirits are improving, she's happy for a few hours each day (an improvement over Monday and Tuesday when I couldn't put her down), and I think we're almost done with this. Hopefully.