Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the end of this sprint

My parents are going home today. I have worked very hard, and am now caught up with my analyses. In other words, I cannot write any more, because I haven't yet run the data. I will do that tomorrow, and start writing again. And of course, there is always editing. Oh yes, there is always editing.

My cute daughter has loved being with the grandparents. Grandpa tickles her belly, and she laughs her sweet laugh. Sometimes if he holds his hand next to her belly, she moves it the rest of the way so they can have tickle fun. Grammy reads and reads to her, and takes her on multiple walks to the mailbox everyday. My daughter could wish for little more.

I have missed her (and my parents) while I worked long hours each day, so it will be nice to be around more, but I have not missed having to make dinner, do the dishes, and take care of the house. Come back soon.

Luckily, my husband's mom comes soon. With all this help, I just may finish my dissertation yet.