Saturday, March 14, 2009

a card for great-grandma

We went shopping for a birthday card for my grandma a few days ago. I made the mistake (?) of showing another card to my daughter, one that plays the opening phrase of "you are my sunshine." She was hooked, and made sure I bought it by touching it with her sticky little hands. The play mechanism is a little tricky, if the card is not completely open it will not play. So my husband and I get the opportunity to hold it while she dances. Unfortunately this is a still shot, and you can't get the full impact of her girations. Do not underestimate her need to dance.

Tonight it was particularly strong. She danced to the music on the card, then found that there was still dancing to be done, so would stop in the middle of doing something else to bounce a little, wave her arms, and do it some more. Sure, she would groove to her books (that mostly come in sing-song variety) but mostly it was just to the music inside her. She hears it.

I never wanted toys that make noise. Now I find myself searching after the ones that play music, because there is nothing that pleases my daughter more than a good dance.
Posted by Picasa