Saturday, January 10, 2009

roommates


This is a recent picture of me and five of my college roommates. Four of them lived together freshman year, then I joined them sophomore year, then the last joined us junior year. The good times just kept coming that year. Shortly after junior year, three of them got married, and the other two were married within the next two years. Children were plentiful, I think their current total is 21 or 22, depending on how you count.
I am the oddball of the group: I live out East, I got married much later, I only have 1 kid (slacker!) and an overabundance of education.
Thanks to the insight of one of us (yay Gwen!) we keep in touch with a long lasting round robin letter. With this recent trip out west though, we all got together, and despite so many years and experiences past, it was just as fun as ever. I LOVE these women.
(Yes, I am the one in the shadow. My husband even pointed this out to me. But the sun off the snow was so bright, and my eyes hurt so bad, I couldn't bring myself to move. I regret that decision now. But at the time, well, I refused to look at long term, and just made an immediate decision. That should be a lesson to me.)