Tuesday, January 20, 2009

and there she goes

Somewhere in the last few days, Kiddo has moved from a few steps that end with a crash landing to really walking... sort of. She can now walk the entire length of our house (maybe 100 feet? I can't really estimate distance, so I don't know, the length of four small rooms), and chooses to walk many places. There is still commonly a crash at the end, but that does not stop her. She often gets up and goes again.

The whole idea of firsts, as in "first step" is nebulous to me. So, I have no date for her walking. She seemed to move from walking with our help to walking on her own without pausing for a "just one step day." So when did she really learn to walk? Well, if you watched her walk, you could reasonably argue that she is still learning. (In her efforts to keep her balance she often sticks her little belly waaay out, and it is so adorable.) But she is now able to do it quite well on her own, albeit slowly and with much fanfare. She likes walking to me or my husband best, because she knows at the end we'll scoop her up, should hooray, and act like she has made a major accomplishment, which she has.