Thursday, January 22, 2009

appearing taller

Kiddo can now access the table. She's still a little too short to get there, unless she stands on her (folded-up) pack-n-play, then she can see a lot more. According to dad, she was trying to put an (empty) pitcher of water on the table tonight. So the safe zone of the table has just gotten a lot smaller.

But the real way she seems taller is because today she made the switch of choosing walking over crawling. Even though she still crawls when it's too hard to stand, if she is standing she will walk to the next place on her agenda. Which means that more than once today she walked into whatever room I was in. She's pretty short at just over 2 1/2 feet, but compared to her height crawling, well, that's quite a different picture.

(Though she now walks independently, she prefers to walk holding my hand, or more correctly my finger. I'm not sure I can express the joy of walking hand in hand with my delightful, adorable daughter, but I sure like feeling it.)