Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of Upstairs Preschool

 Today was (finally) Kiddo's first day back at preschool. She was alternately very excited and very nervous. She wasn't sure about a new teacher, and new anything. (It's been a rough two weeks as she worries about the new in her life right now.) She wasn't even sure about new clothes, but decided after she saw them that she was willing to wear them.

I think the note she "wrote" to last year's teacher sums up her concerns: "Dear Miss, Thank you for being my teacher. Don't worry, I will be fine in my new class."


 This is the lousy picture I took from her in the five seconds before we needed to leave. We had plenty of time, until Babs informed me of her poopy diaper. Then we still had enough time, except as Kiddo was being friendly to a boy that was obviously in her class, she missed a step and tripped. So instead of taking another picture, more calmly, without the banister in the way, we were running around looking for a bandaid. (I have two other lousy pictures, one where she looks pained, and one with a lady's arm in the way. I chose the one where she looked happy.)

She came home much happier about preschool. She had one disappointment, and that was that she didn't get to play in the corner with the toys she wanted. She explained to me "I wanted to make my face sad, but it was mostly happy." I think she really enjoyed herself, and as she makes friends, will do so even more.

Babs and I went shoe shopping with our time together. Her shoes were two sizes two small, no wonder she's been reluctant to wear them. Also at the mall she rode the rides. She was truly happy with this arrangement. Plus, she got to watch part of Toy Story 3, so that was even more of a bonus.