Tuesday, November 30, 2010

growing

Kiddo falls asleep in our room, because that's how we work the two kids going to bed at the same time who share a room dilemma. (I'm working on other solutions, but haven't got there yet.)

Last night I picked her up to move her to her own bed. With her head resting on my shoulder, her feet hang to my knees. I always talk about how tall she is, but that really drives it home. She is growing up, and doing a good job of it.

Today at the library she tried to have conversations with multiple children. "Hi, I'm E, I'm fine. What's your name?" Awkward, yes. But an excellent effort, especially for her age.

More than once this fall I have watched her and thought, she is no longer a toddler, she's a girl now. It seems to have happened so fast. (And the quickness of it is what keeps me going through all the less fun things that come with caring for her and her sister these days.)