Tuesday, November 2, 2010

civic duty aborted

I made sure to register to vote. I investigated the candidates and issues (briefly) so I was at least somewhat informed. I suited up myself and the girls for a walk in the crisp fall air. (Hats for everyone!)

I made it to the polling place, tried to check in at the wrong desk, but then they directed me correctly. At the new desk, they had a hard time finding my name (trying to look me up by my first name, not last), but eventually I could enter the booth and vote!

It took me a few moments to figure out how the voting worked (very simple, but not necessarily self-evident), and I properly indicated my first vote of four.

I moved to indicate my second vote when I heard "I did it!" from my 2 year old.

"Thank you for voting," I heard from one of the poll workers.

Kiddo had pushed the "cast my vote" button (exactly at her eye level, and bright red) for me.