Monday, May 31, 2010

well, we tried

My mom always took us to do interesting things. And I always imagined I would do that with my family. Then one day I realized that if I wanted that to happen, I had to actually find the place, and take us there. So, that was the first hurdle on taking advantage of having Daddy home for Memorial Day.

But, I found a park that I wanted to explore, and we went through the amazingly huge operation of getting the four of us out the door, and arrived there. We couldn't figure out where to park near the playground. And it was big enough that once we had parked, it would have taken way too long to get to the playground. There was nothing more to do there, other than walk the paths, which were beautiful, but had a lot of litter, and weren't that interesting to the two-year old. And there were the lion statues which scared her.

And it was seriously hot. So the baby got upset, and I ended up needing to feed her. By the time that was done, all four of us were very hot, very sweaty, and possibly slightly sunburned (despite the gads of sunscreen we'd all slathered on). And Daddy was tired of keeping Kiddo out of the pretty gross lake. I think we'd been there 45 minutes, perhaps an hour.

So we went home, and cooled down. So much for our adventure. I guess it will take me more work to get to my mom's status of day trips. (I suspect though, that while I don't remember them, there were plenty of trips that worked out like this one anyway...)