Wednesday, May 5, 2010

my afternoon

11:30 - feed Baby
12:00 - put Baby down for nap, feed Kiddo
12:10 - get fussy Baby up, continue trying to feed Kiddo (she's not into eating today)
12:30 - still at table with Kiddo, put Baby down to sleep
12:45 - finish lunch
12:55 - start putting Kiddo down for nap
1:10 - leave her in her room for nap, door securely closed
1:11 - put myself down for nap
1:20 - wake to wail of starving infant (or at least she thinks so)
1:25 - hear doors opening and closing (really? I thought Kiddo didn't open doors yet)
1:27 - Kiddo walks into room where I'm feeding Baby (I guess she can open doors now)

I sure enjoyed my 9 minute nap... although it's really too short to consider it a power nap. This was more of a taunting nap.

I may never sleep again, but I hear that's normal for mothers. Too bad, I really like sleep, and, as my husband will attest, I'm much nicer when I get it.