Monday, May 3, 2010

a very quiet Sunday

Since yesterday was Stake Conference, so we had no responsibilities at church, and church was held 45 minutes away, and our baby is about 10 days old, we decided that no one would attend this week. (I'm sure next week Dad and Kiddo will be back.)

So we had a day where we were all at home, but we didn't have errands to run, or chores to do, because it was a Sunday. Basically we took turns playing with Kiddo, and trying to rest.

Late afternoon, as Dad was working on dinner, I had one girl in her old baby toy:
and the other in her car seat:

both completely content.
And I thought, hey, if this is all parenting two kids is, then I can totally do it.

As I conclude my first day solo with the two of them, and one has slept most of the day (here's a hint: it is not the older one), and have dinner being brought in to me, I can reassure myself, it is not so simple. Maybe if I weren't so tired...