Friday, January 20, 2012

field trip to the dentist

This is a picture of Kiddo with her preschool class at the dentist's office. Here they're posing with the tooth fairy ("when will my teeth fall out mama?") Last week they learned about teeth, this week they visited the dentist, I've never seen Kiddo so interested.

They learned how check-ups are given, and got a special bag of floss, toothpaste (like Mama's), and a toothbrush. I think Kiddo has brushed her teeth four times in the last 24 hours. She has carried the bag around with her everywhere during that time. She even slept with it last night (until I decided I was uncomfortable with her sleeping next to a plastic bag, then I moved it so it was near her, not with her).

I'm hopeful that her visit to a real dentist in the next few months will be just as successful.

This preschool class may very well be the reason we moved in with my parents. It's been a wonderful opportunity for Kiddo to learn a little about letters, and a lot about kids. It is the double highlight of her week.

And see that somewhat sullen girl just to her left? That's her best friend, who has been in mourning for the last month that we're moving. Those two girls are not very surface similar (girly girl meet tomboy) but think the same things are funny, and isn't that the most important thing to share really? We'll miss her too.