Friday, March 25, 2011

give and take

This girl brings me immense joy every day. What I'm particularly enjoying right now is that she has started initiating interactions - more than just crawling to me to have me pick her up.

She hands food to us that she doesn't want, or else wants us to hold so she can eat it. She understands some words, like "Babs! Don't do that!" (This most often refers to pulling Kiddo's hair. Usually she looks straight at me, smiles, and pulls faster, knowing the fun is almost up. But sometimes she stops.) She's starting to use sign language for "more" or also interpreted food. She holds out her hands so we will help her walk.

She's thinking about walking, and standing.

She is not just responding to us interacting with her, she's reaching out to us. It's marvelous.