Tuesday, January 19, 2010

how long have I been doing this?

Today was our first visit to the midwife that we'll be using here in the new place. In what I hope was an anomaly, we finally saw her over an hour past our appointment time. This meant that there was a lot of waiting. I suspected this, and when we left the house, I was careful to pack lots of food and entertainment for Kiddo.

As we sat in the waiting room, and she started straining, I realized I had forgotten one key piece of toddler paraphernalia: diapers and wipes. My good husband had to bring her to the restroom where he attempted to clean up a diaper mess with toilet paper. And the only thing I could think was how could I forget that, of all things?

Apparently after two years of mothering, I'm still lacking in the basic skills.

ps- although the wait was horrendous, the midwife seems to be great, and I am at peace with my second baby's impending arrival (or at peace with the person who will be helping with it at any rate...)