Tuesday, January 12, 2010

babbling

Kiddo learned to talk about three months ago now, and went from 10 words to hundreds, used in sentences, in literally a few weeks. And ever since then, the baby babbling that had been such a part of her life basically disappeared. Except this last Sunday. She kept turning to me, and stringing together nonsense syllables. After church was over, I babbled some back to her. After I had said a few "things" to her, she turned to me and said "You sink so?"

I completely cracked up. That was one of my responses to her for months as she babbled. "You think so?" was something I said to her all the time, but haven't for months. But she still remembers that it is the response to babbling. I wonder what else her little brain holds (other than all the words to all the Little Bear videos).