Wednesday, July 29, 2009

what do we say?

I'm trying to teach Kiddo to say "up" when she wants me to pick her up. While the non-verbal signals are pretty clear (what with her throwing herself at my legs, hanging on them, and looking pitifully at me, with occasional whining), I think it would be great for her to use a word. So, when she does her non-verbal cues, I say "can you say 'up'?" To which she responds "up" and I pick her up.

Today we were at the post office (we now have a post office box and a storage unit, we're officially nomads) waiting in line. My husband tried to keep her otherwise occupied, but she wanted me. As she threw herself at my legs, I asked "what do you say?" and her little voice said triumphantly "ma-ma!"

Yeah, not what I was looking for, but perhaps more effective at getting what she wants.

23 hours until our stuff moves out (and us along with it).