Tuesday, July 7, 2009

hair styling by amateurs

Kiddo's bangs are seriously long. (but what is the real story behind this picture you say? well, I took off her shirt because I didn't want to change it again. And she insisted on having her feet near the table, and would cry a lot when she couldn't get her feet out. I sighed, and said, fine, but only because we're not at home. she only pushed the chair over backwards once.)

Her aunt simply pulled her hair up in a side ponytail, and it is adorable (see balloon pictures), and it's easy enough to do each morning. For special occassions I give her two ponytails. But, apparently it is not so simple, as can be seen by attempts to reproduce the hairstyle by her Grandma (who voluntarily fired herself from hair duty after this effort):

and her son (the girl's dad, who takes after his mom in many ways):

At least she cheeses for the camera, one of her many features that make these pictures adorable.


My favorite thing about Kiddo's hair are the curls, partly because, as I know from my own hair, when its curly, there is no need for precision. Her part is always lopsided, I miss some hair, and it still looks fine. Yay for the merciful nature of curly hair.