Monday, July 20, 2009

sitting still

The nursery leader in my ward is also my good friend and visiting teaching companion. I saw her yesterday sometime after church. "When you need your daughter to sit, what do you do?" Without a pause I replied "Strap her in."

Apparently during nursery there are two or three times when the children (ages 18 mos to 3 1/2 years) should be sitting. Apparently Kiddo does not.

But she will. I'm sure eventually she will. But she's pretty ... confident ... in her opinions, so I can be sure that if she doesn't want to sit, they know about it. Hopefully, for my friend's sake, she'll get this lesson soon.

(And even if not, within the next few months there will be lots more really young kids who don't know how to sit still, so at least she won't be the only one.)