Friday, July 24, 2009

humilitation imminent

My daughter is starting to pick up and use a lot of new words, although she is still limited to nouns, and the labeling of things. She will NOT repeat a word for your enjoyment, but if she volunteers to say it, then there are quite a few things she says.

Her newest is "poo." And she's very clear on it's meaning. Since she first used it three days ago, if it is in her diaper, she tells me as I get ready to change it. Today she even announced it's coming.

Doesn't that mean she's ready to be poddy-trained? Oh wait, we're about to move at least twice in the next few months, possibly two or three times. I guess that would be the major life changes that you're supposed to avoid for this occasion.

She has never had to leave nursery for a diaper change. I'm pretty sure, just because of her new word, that will happen on Sunday, so she can let all the nursery leaders know just how clever she is.

(Even though I could have lived without this word for a while, with her little sweet toddler girl voice, it's super adorable all the same.)