Saturday, February 14, 2009

love, five years in the making

Five years ago today I went to the temple with four friends, or, more appropriately one friend,one roommate, and two people I knew from church. I didn't really want any of them to be there, except my friend, but felt guilty taking the four hour trek to the temple without trying to fill all the seatbelts, so there we all were.

What I didn't know was that my friend really liked me, and had for a while, and was about to give up on us ever having a relationship. But he talked to a nice sister missionary in the visitor's center, and (although he did not tell her his story) her message of the day helped him decide that we could be friends, and that would be a good thing.

It was a good thing that he didn't give up on us, because the next day I figured out that I liked him. And the day after that he asked me out on our first date. So, love happens, even on Valentine's Day.


ps - six months later we got married, so I think it's worked out really nicely. I love you, my husband.