Tuesday, February 10, 2009

cough, cough

My baby is sick. It started on Saturday, and continues to be a concern. She has an ugly cough, and a low-grade fever. I am grateful for Tylenol, that keeps it all under control. In fact, when the medicine is working, she's mostly herself, except the fluids that keep coming and coming.

I feel so helpless when she feels this way. There is nothing I can do but be more patient and spend more time with her (as if we spent time apart). And pray. I pray lots and lots that she'll get better soon.

Today she had a coughing fit in the line at the store (to buy more Tylenol). I know the lady in front of us was not pleased, although she was trying to be casual about it. I tried to cover my kid's mouth, but she's 1, and each time I covered she got mad, so at the end she was bordering on hysterical between the cough and the frustration. I was grateful to get out of there.

I want her to be well, but it seems that I may need to join her in the fray before we're out of the woods with this illness.