Monday, February 2, 2009

don't leave me

I left Kiddo at our neighbor's house while I went to the doctor today (routine dermatologist visit - no big deal). Although she did not cry, and was pleasant, she apparently stood near the door the entire time, uttering "ma" every so often (and I didn't even think she said any words...). She got visibly upset when my friend tried to get her away from the door, so she let her play there. Could this be the start of some separation anxiety? I hope not.

And speaking of standing, just in the last day or two Kiddo has started to stand herself up without the help of me or some other item that she could pull or push up with. This means that when she falls in the hallway, she can just get up and start walking again, as opposed to crawling. Until she regresses, I think crawling is now in the past.