Friday, December 5, 2008

Second Cousins

This year for thanksgiving, I feasted with my husband, my daughter, four of my cousins, their spouses and children, at the home of my ever generous aunt and uncle. The children portion of the event consisted of 5 kids under the age of one, and a 2 1/2 year old. The good times were plentiful. The pictures are of my daughter interacting (parallel play for sure) with her second cousins that are closest to her age.

This is the one that is three months younger than her.


This is the one that is 10 days younger than her.

There were also three-month old twins, and the aforementioned 2 year old. The 2 year old was particularly helpful, and soothed Kiddo to sleep one day when we were having no luck in getting her to nap. He took the initiative for helping all by himself. I am grateful for his help, although I would not have thought to solicit it.

It was a great weekend, and a welcome break from conference prep, conference attendance, and the general activities of our life. Family is really what it's all about.