Friday, December 5, 2008

no spoons here

Kiddo will now only eat food that she can pick up and eat herself. Her cousin has been this way always, so I feel for my sister-in-law, but up until the last week or so, I could still feed my daughter. This requires further creativity in what to feed her, and frankly, it's taxing my brain.
It's also taxing her clothes, since she's not as good with her hands as I am with a spoon. Where is her bib? you may ask. They are too small, and she just takes them off any way, so I've stopped fighting for a while.


She does love spaghetti, which makes me happy, because it's one of my favorite meals too. She especially loves the meat. I never would have guessed. In fact, she carefully picks the noodles away from the meat (and often drops them to the floor so as to not cramp her space) so that she can enjoy it in it's pure form. She then goes after the noodles, as can be seen in this photo.