Sunday, December 28, 2008

embarrassed by a bounty of riches

This is not actually my daughter's first Christmas, but since she was 10 days old the first time around, this is certainly the first one where she could join in the celebration. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family. Two of my brothers, my sister, and respective families, as well as my parents were there. We played games, read stories, sang songs, and generally got into the spirit of things.

That afternoon we spent with my husband's family, immediate and extended. It was a quieter affair, but that is largely just a result of numbers.

The sheer amount of gifts given and received were phenomenal. Kiddo made out like a bandit, with many more books, clothes, and toys. My husband and I were also the recipients of serious generosity shown to us by our families. We are so blessed.

Did I mention that Christmas is more Christmas-y when surrounded by family?