Sunday, September 14, 2008

in and out day


Today my daughter is 9 months old. She has now spent as much time outside as she did inside. I can't believe how independent she's grown in the last while. She can propel herself anywhere in the house (slowly, but she'll get there). She feeds herself her bottle (although I do have to make it for her). She would feed herself her solids, but pureed carrots are not really finger food. She's weaned. (A decision fraught with emotion, but it's been the right choice.) She still needs us though.

I took a picture of the two of us. It amazes me how little she looks next to me. After holding her, and feeding her, and carrying her, and chasing her all day long, it seems that she must be at least my size, perhaps bigger. She certainly takes up more space that her physical appearance indicates.


My life has been turned upside down by this incredibly happy, friendly, and good little girl. She is growing up remarkably fast. Although, in all honesty, I looked at the new babies in church today remembering fondly the times when she would sleep anywhere (as opposed to currently, where she'll really only sleep in her bed). I also looked at the older baby narrating her life: "dump it out" as the contents of the bag got dumped all over the floor, and was excited to her Kiddo's voice and start to learn her thoughts. I guess that's what happens at each stage. You remember fondly where they were, look forward to where they'll be, and still try to enjoy each moment as it comes. Because it's really fun right now.

Happy 9 months Kiddo!