Sunday, September 14, 2008

fun with the family

My husband's mom and brother came to visit us. My mother-in-law laughs a lot, and my baby is a social laugher, so every time Grandma laughed, so did Kiddo. We just spent time together, and my daughter loves her family.

We are currently being visited by a number of wasps/yellow jackets, some form of stinging insect. Their hive is being built in the eaves of our home, and some have found a way in. Usually to the tune of five or six a day. We have not been stung by any of them, but it's still disconcerting. So, we bought a trap for them, and needed to hang it by their hive. Although my husband is tall, he was not tall enough. So his brother helped him get the extra height:

We, of course, couldn't let this happen without some photo documentation.

My one regret is the ending. My husband was more or less dumped on the ground (not his brother's fault, my husband just really doesn't remember how to get down from this position, considering he's not often on someone else's shoulders) and was spread eagle. My wifely instincts jumped in, and I was too busy checking to make sure he was okay to get a picture. I have one in my head though, so that's a consolation.