Monday, February 8, 2016

"what happened to my parents?" - a post by the boy

Just two weeks ago my parents and I had a robust relationship. They read me books, played dinosaur, helped me find my trucks 10 times a day, and mom took me shopping multiple times a week (I love shop-ping!) but recently everything has changed.

They have taken away my diapers and insisted that I wear these underwear things. Don't they know they get wet? And when they get wet, so do my pants and socks! Talk about uncomfortable.

But I can't wear them all the time, no, multiple times a day I have to take them off and sit on a small green chair with a hole in it. Sometimes they read me stories there, or let me watch videos on the phone, but sometimes they look sadly at me, and sigh heavily. They also try to feed me M&Ms there, but how many M&Ms does a boy really need?

And now the only thing they talk about is the potty. "Do you have to go to the potty?" "Come sit on the potty." "I'm so proud of you for using the potty." "It's time to use the potty."

When do things get back to normal?