Wednesday, February 3, 2016

day three

No dirty underwear today. There were two (three?) reasons for this:

1) Between helping a friend with a life crisis and nap time (plus playing in the rain time), he spent a lot of the day in diapers. I kind of feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot with this choice, but I'm also not clear how to work around it.

2) When I tried to get him back out of diapers at the end of the day he just yelled "No, no, no!" and I didn't have the emotional strength to fight back.

3) When he wasn't actually wearing diapers, he wouldn't wear underwear either. He went commando under his pants.

But, when he had no diaper, and no underwear, he was successful at getting all his business in the potty.

I am now praying for him to have a change of heart and desire to wear underwear. It is clear that he can handle it when he chooses too.
(Look- all the children have rain boots that fit and have no holes. It's a miracle! and fun... if only my winter boots that I chose to wear yesterday didn't have holes in them, it would have been a great afternoon. But my feet got really wet.)