Thursday, March 1, 2012

who's the boss?

Babs is a little pusher, and hair puller. She still likes to pull Kiddo's hair. She pushes Kiddo off chairs or stools that she would like to be on. She gives Kiddo hugs that start sweet, and end up knocking Kiddo to the floor (where they both roll around laughing, so it's not that bad). I believe this behavior is limited to her sister, but with only two weeks of nursery under her belt, it's hard to be sure.

I can tell when Babs is pushing Kiddo around, because I'll hear Kiddo announce "I'm bigger than you!" The problem is, Kiddo lets herself be pushed around, down, all over the place.

Teaching her that she's bigger was supposed to help her figure out that Babs can't move her unless she lets her. This was supposed to help Kiddo stand her ground. But Babs still seems to be winning. Kiddo is a gentle soul, it has not occurred to her that she can push back.

Should I tell her?