Sunday, February 26, 2012

what's your name?

Babs walked up to me at dinner, and sincerely asked me an important question. Except I couldn't understand her. She was giving me the look that means I should understand (in other words, she's letting me know that she's speaking English, not babbling) so I asked her to repeat herself. After about the third try, I guessed it. She was asking "What's your name?" (a very popular conversation starter when talking to a one-year old).

So I answered. Then she excitedly turned to Kiddo, and asked her. Then she ran over and asked Daddy, "wotzyona?" He answered "Daddy," then returned the question, "And what's your name?" She smiled and replied "Sweetheart."

Then she was off for a second and third round of questions for all of us. She loves to be understood.