Tuesday, February 21, 2012

words they shouldn't say

Babs likes to start her day with a book (and end it that way). A few mornings ago Kiddo volunteered to do the reading. Since Babs loves sitting with her big sis, and doing anything with her, this went over really well.

This morning we started the day with a little Dinosaur Train (because I needed a shower). After a few minutes, Babs got my attention and told me "hi-to-su" Yeah. She says hypothesis. (If you've ever seen Dinosaur Train, you'll know why. It's an emerging science show.)

***

Kiddo and I are hunting for preschools. It's possible that she'll join an afternoon class for the rest of the year. The teacher expressed a little concern that she would have missed some exposure to letters, but was sure that she could at least get some social interaction. I mentioned that she knew her letters, so it wasn't a problem.

I didn't tell her that the confusion we're currently working on is whether the word pairs she notices are examples of alliteration or rhyming. Or that Kiddo knows the word (and definition) of alliteration.